Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 26

It's Day 26 of my diet. I was going to do my measurements today to find out inches lost but I left the measuring thing in the diaper bag which is in the nursery where my daughter is currently sleeping. So I will save my measurement updates for the next post. The diet is going well. I've gotten into the habit of eating each meal and the timing. I am still struggling on the weekends when I am working or away from home and around lots of good, yummy food. I try to remind myself that my food is my fuel and I need to be careful of not putting in dirty fuel.

On July 4th weekend I took a step back as I indulged a bit much and gained back the 5 lbs I had lost the week before. My indulging included a small piece of cake, two glasses of wine, three Diet Cokes, two hot dogs, and pasta. I was discouraged but only had myself to blame. I stuck to the diet very strictly the next week and was losing up to 2 lbs a day! This past weekend I allowed myself to indulge but I was much smarter about it. I passed up A LOT of absolutely yummy looking food while everyone stuffed their faces around me. I did have a sausage (no bun), some chips (very few), half of a hot dog, two potato slices, a few strawberries, one Diet Coke, two lemon squares and a little tiny bit of potato salad. I'm pretty sure that I was active and sweating enough that thankfully what I did have didn't make a difference. I didn't lose any weight on Saturday and Sunday but I didn't gain any either. I was also extremely careful about portion size and had tiny portions of the things I was not really supposed to have.

I have yet to work in a work out routine into my days. I know that this is going to be vital in my weight loss journey and is absolutely needed to get fit and healthy. We are currently adjusting to my husband's new work schedule as he went from working first shift to second shift. We have gotten a lot done in the nursery and now that is out of the way I foresee having time to work out in the mornings from now on. Perhaps I can lose more in a week's time than I have been!

My aunt is getting married on October 1st and my mom and I have planned a special trip just the two of us to go! I am hoping to reach my goal of weighing 150 by then so that I can wear a sexy dress and feel beautiful! I'd also like to start trying on Bridesmaids dresses around that time (I'm in two weddings in 2012).

So far so good! A friend of mine stated this really is a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I have to agree, although I won't be eating this food everyday of my life, I am changing my eating habits completely. I am getting in the habit of portion control and thinking about what I am putting into my body.

Current Weight: 212 lbs
Total loss: 16 lbs

First goal: Get below 200!!! On my way there...

No comments:

Post a Comment